db-derby-user mailing list archives

From tbrazao <tiago.bra...@emation.pt>
Subject Drop Table
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 18:07:54 GMT

Hi,

i'm a new user of derby.

My question is about the ideia of sql : "drop table if exists ...".

I read some explanations in this forum, but i didn´t find answers to work in
sql line commander.

I know that derby doens't support this job, but i want to ensure that if an
table exists it is dropped. So i think we can use something like...

select count(*) from SYS.SYSTABLES where TABLENAME = tableName,

where tableName  could be an arg for an procedure,
but i don´t know how to relate this with an drop call. It was simple if we
have one "if" clause.

The problem is that i need to do this without java sintax, i know that seems
strange, but life it's strange and nobody cares about it...

If anyone could help, Thanks!

And sorry my English!