db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "John C. Turnbull" <ozem...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject RE: [n00b] Recovering from program crashes
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:18:57 GMT
Hi Oystein,

Thanks for the reply.  Comments inline.

[JCT]
SQL Exception: Failed to start database 'JohnDB', see the next exception for
details.
SQL Exception: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
database D:\Projects\JohnDB.

> Which platform (OS and JVM version) are you running on?

[JCT]
OS: Windows Vista Ultimate x64
JVM: Java 6.0 Update 1 (b03)

I was also getting exactly the same error when running with this JVM under
Windows XP Professional 32-bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John