db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Winslow" <tonywinslow1...@gmail.com>
Subject function in derby[beginner]
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:09:45 GMT
I have this class:
public class Say {
   public static int say(int i) {
     System.out.println("* Say: " + i);
     return i;
   }

  public static int say2(String msg) {
   System.out.println("** " + msg);
   return 1;
  }

and I created a function in Derby:
create function say2(msg varchar(50)) returns integer
parameter style java no sql language java
external name 'Say.say2';

but when I want to use it, error occurs:
ERROR 42X50: No method was found that matched the method call Say.say2(
java.lang
.String), tried all combinations of object and primitive types and any
possible
type conversion for any  parameters the method call may have. The method
might e
xist but it is not public and/or static, or the parameter types are not
method i
nvocation convertible.

And I created another function:
create function say(i integer) returns integer
parameter style java no sql language java
external name 'Say.say';

It works fine.

I've tried hard to figure it out but failed. Can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance!!!