db-derby-user mailing list archives

From ashley.david...@abs.gov.au
Subject Back End Database Files [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:54:22 GMT
Can Derby databases be updated by swapping the files in the back end?

We have a rather slow process that we have to run to completely re-create
our Derby back end each time we update our metadata. I have tried backing
up the database files created by Derby and then using a file copy to
another machine to effect changes and this seems to work well.

I'm looking for confirmation that the files are not system dependant.

The files I'm talking about are those in the log, seg0 and tmp folders, as
well as the db.lck and service.properties files. I'm assuming at this stage
that the naming conventions are standard.

Free publications and statistics available on www.abs.gov.au