db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah_akk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to query certain number of rows in derby
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:33:17 GMT
be careful while using it it does not effect performence where as in
mysql and others it does derby will retrive all rows but return only
what you set through setMaxRows  had a similar problem  i was using
limit to get only a single row in mysql query returned instantly with
a single row but with derby it took around 15 seconds it was reading
everything if you set setMaxRows or not. my work around was read them
1000 at a time cache in the application then use them one by one.

Nurullah Akkaya
nurullah.akkaya@blooby.com

Blooby.com
Tel: +1 (256) 270 4091