db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Sedillo, Derek \(Mission Systems\)" <Derek.Sedi...@ngc.com>
Subject Import data from large Oracle table
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:19:00 GMT
I have several large Oracle tables (2+ million records) which I need to
import data from to Derby.  Here is what I have tried so far:
1.  I have dumped the data to comma separated flat files.
2.  Used the import table utility like this:
(null,'SSJ_CNT','SSJ_CNT.csv',null, null,null,0);
3.  After '4 hours' of running it appears to have frozen up.  There is
both a db.lck and dbex.lck file present which I will delete soon.
Do you think that 2 million records is just too much for this utility to
handle?  Is there a better way to transfer data from another database
besides the IMPORT_TABLE utility?
Thank you for any ideas or experiences you have had with importing data
from another DB.
Derek Sedillo
SWAFS DBA / Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems