db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Noll" <dan...@nuix.com>
Subject Re: Large multi-record insert performance
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:12:11 GMT
Kristian said:
> How often did you issue a commit in this test?
> (and was auto-commit enabled or disabled)

As my original message stated, it did each insert in a different
transaction.

i.e. one commit per insert.

The latter tests just did the commit once after all the inserts were done.

We actually contain this all automatically, we have a utility method which
we call and pass a callback to, which handles the transaction for us so that
we don't need to do commit/rollback everywhere. (The method also handles
retries if something bad happens.)

Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd