db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting the environment variables for Derby
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:42:36 GMT
Found my problem. I had set the env var using the Control Panel, which
is why the echo command kept tellng me the setting was to
c:\Derby_10... I didn't realize that when I extracted the zip files
that it added the directory \db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin to my structure.

I guess I thought that when I used the set command it would override
it. Apparently it does not. So I changed the setting through the
Control Panel and the echo command gives the full path now.

I can run sysinfo, however I can only run it when I am in the bin
sub-directory. Is that the correct behavior? I guess I was expecting
that I could run it from any directory... or do I need to add the
C:\Derby_10\db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin\bin directory to my PATH variable
before I can run it anywhere?

Since I am working on updating the Derby documentation, would it be
worth mentioning that you can only run the sysinfo script from the bin
sub-directory?

Thanks for all of your help on this :-)

--
Laura Stewart