db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Senthil Gugan <senthilgu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I access BIRT classic model database using ij scripting tool.
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:30:09 GMT

Hi Sunitha,
    Thanks for your help.
           Now i'm able to connect the classic model DB via ij, using the
statement,
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby:jar:(/var/EclipseBirt/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb_2.1.1.v20070205-1728/db/BirtSample.jar)BirtSample';
but couldn't able to access the tables in the database. Can you tell me how
to do it.

here is what i did:
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby:jar:(/var/EclipseBirt/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb_2.1.1.v20070205-1728/db/BirtSample.jar)BirtSample';
ij> select * from customers;
this statement shows the error: ERROR 42X05: Table/View 'CUSTOMERS' does not
exist.

Note: i'm able to execute the following statement.
ij> show tables;
TABLE_SCHEM         |TABLE_NAME                    |REMARKS
SYS                 |SYSALIASES                    |
SYS                 |SYSCHECKS                     |
SYS                 |SYSCOLUMNS                    |
SYS                 |SYSCONGLOMERATES              |
SYS                 |SYSCONSTRAINTS                |
SYS                 |SYSDEPENDS                    |
SYS                 |SYSFILES                      |
SYS                 |SYSFOREIGNKEYS                |
SYS                 |SYSKEYS                       |
SYS                 |SYSSCHEMAS                    |
SYS                 |SYSSTATEMENTS                 |
SYS                 |SYSSTATISTICS                 |
SYS                 |SYSTABLES                     |
SYS                 |SYSTRIGGERS                   |
SYS                 |SYSVIEWS                      |
SYSIBM              |SYSDUMMY1                     |
CLASSICMODELS       |CUSTOMERS                     |
CLASSICMODELS       |EMPLOYEES                     |
CLASSICMODELS       |OFFICES                       |
CLASSICMODELS       |ORDERDETAILS                  |
CLASSICMODELS       |ORDERS                        |
CLASSICMODELS       |PAYMENTS                      |
CLASSICMODELS       |PRODUCTLINES                  |
CLASSICMODELS       |PRODUCTS                      |

24 rows selected
ij>

Thanks,
Senthil.