db-derby-user mailing list archives

From genius2000 <genius200...@libero.it>
Subject Derby on Windows CE Pda Device OOMs
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:59:42 GMT

I'm trying to insert about 30000 records on 10 tables in Derby 10.2.2 using
both Bulk Import and classic Inserts.
I tried to set PageCache according to this Derby Document

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0408bradbury/#cs_OutOfMem

but I'm still having Out of Memory while Inserting.
My JVM MaxHeap is -Xmx40m Derby Pagecachesize = 40 and PageSize = 4096; I
think I'm using the lower values possible; After inserting the half of
records I get the OOM error!!!
I'm working with IBM J9 vm on Windows CE CDC Foundation Profile. My
Application uses just 10MB and the memory available on the device is 70mb.
What else can I do to make my application run???
Moreover I have strange behaviour; even if I copy the DB via file transfer
to the device, while working in my App suddenly and without any logic the
connection goes down and all the sql operation are no more executed;
I'm not able at all to make my application run stable in time.
Need help!!!!
Thanks in Advance for your Help