db-derby-user mailing list archives

From rjain <rjai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Derby Connection Profile Eclipse DTP Error
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:08:43 GMT

Hi

I am using Derby 10.2.2 and Eclipse 3.3.
I try to create a Database Profile (DTP) using the Apache Derby JDBC
Connection.
I use the Derby Client JDBC Driver, and I have specified the jars files
(derby.jar, derbyclient.jar, derbynet.jar, derbytools.jar)
The URL is jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/sample;create=true
If I try to Ping, or Test Connection, it gives me a error  (below) . Am I
missing something?
If I use the Apache Derby Embedded Driver and use the Derby Plugin (ij) at
project level it works.
I would like to use the Derby Database in Database Development?

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
	at java.net.FactoryURLClassLoader.loadClass(URLClassLoader.java:594)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.generic.JDBCConnection.createConnection(JDBCConnection.java:86)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:104)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:53)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.db.generic.JDBCConnectionFactory.createConnection(JDBCConnectionFactory.java:52)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:85)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:69)
	at
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:316)
	at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:57)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)