db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Manjula Kutty" <manjula.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: backup destination
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:01:03 GMT
In Derby the your given db name is the same as the directory name. So if
your database named "myDb" is in c:\a, then the directory structure will
show as c:\a\MyDb and if you want that db (here MyDB) to be backed up in
a:\d derby will back up the whole MyDB (will not rename to "d"). So your
backed up db will be inc:\d and the directory structure for the backupdb
will be c:\d\MyDb. If this is not clear, more information is provided here

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/adminguide/

Thanks
Manjula