db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting the environment variables for Derby
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:55:47 GMT
On 3/28/07, Laura Stewart <scotsmatrix@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess I was expecting
> that I could run it from any directory... or do I need to add the
> C:\Derby_10\db-derby-10.2.2.0-bin\bin directory to my PATH variable
> before I can run it anywhere?

This is correct. This step is mentioned in the Getting Started Guide
in "Setting up your environment", as step 3, although it relies on
DERBY_HOME being properly set.

Perhaps an improvement would be to instruct the user to execute
'$DERBY_HOME/bin/sysinfo,' or even just 'ls $DERBY_HOME/bin' ('dir
%DERBY_HOME%' on Windows) and confirming that it points to the
location of the scripts before adding $DERBY_HOME/bin to the path, in
order to make sure that DERBY_HOME has been set correctly.

andrew