db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oystein.Grov...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Bug in Embedded Driver?
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:50:28 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 3/31/07, *Øystein Grøvlen* <Oystein.Grovlen@sun.com

> I'm using  version 10.2.2.0 <http://10.2.2.0>.
>
>       There have been some
>     fixes in this area lately (see DERBY-1610), and I will try your test
>     case on the development trunk later today.
>

> Ok, thanks a lot.

I tried the development version, and now it fails for both client and
embedded.  The failure in the client is probably due to stricter type
checking in the client driver.  What happens seems to be that the
compiler determines the type of the parameter to be VARCHAR during
compilation, and hence you get a type mismatch later.  I do not
understand why it does so.  If nobody can explain why, this is probably
a bug, and I suggest you open a new JIRA issue for this.

--
Øystein