db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Alter Table ADD Column throws column number exception
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:30:26 GMT
can you provide a self contained repro for this.  At least telling what
the current ddl of the table may be interesting.

This would let us know if it is a runtime multi-user ddl issue, or
something else.  Do all of your alter tables fail or just this one?
Does this one fail all the time or just some time?

BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> When I execute the following SQL statement:
> ALTER TABLE OrderDetail
> ADD COLUMN blah
> varchar(15)
>
> I get this exception:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: In a base table there was a mismatch between the
> requested column number 16 and the maximum number of columns 20.
>

> Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this, or at least find a
> workaround?
>
> Thanks,
> -Alan-

> This e-mail message may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and is intended
prohibited.

> All e-mails and attachments sent and received are subject to monitoring, reading and
archival by Monsanto. The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for
the presence of "Viruses" or other "Malware". Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage
caused by any such code transmitted by or accompanying this e-mail or any attachment.