db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dan Weems <dwe...@peoplepc.com>
Subject Problems running JavaDB on Windows
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:50:14 GMT
Hi
I'm getting a very strange reaction when I try running any of the
scripts that comes with JavaDB/Derby.  If I run either "sysinfo" or "ij"
from the command prompt, I get the following message:

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'""' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

If I echo %DERBY_HOME% I get:

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\My Documents\Software\javadb

My impression from the above is that your scripts do not allow spaces in
the directory names.  But spaces are legal.  What gives?

Thanks for any assistance.  If you can't answer my question but know
someone else who might, please tell me.
Dan Weems