db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sunitha Kambhampati <ksunitha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I access BIRT classic model database using ij scripting tool.
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:07:06 GMT
Senthil Gugan wrote:

>Hi,
>    I am working on LINUX SuSe10.2 OS with the following version of
>softwares, jdk1.5.0_11, eclipse3.2(BIRT2.1.2).
>          I have installed the Derby plugin in the Eclipse plugin Directory.
>     Here my problem is I couldn't able to access the BIRT classic model
>database using the ij scripting tool.
>      Can anybody tell me is it possible to access the BIRT classic model
>database using the ij scripting tool?.

The BIRT Classic model database is in a jar file.  I have the
birt-database-2.2M2 downloaded on my machine and the database is inside
BirtSample.jar under birt-database-2.2M2\ClassicModels\derby\bin

More info in docs about how to access database in a jar is here:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/cdevdvlp24155.html

To access this via ij ,  set classpath to include the jar.
$ export CLASSPATH="BirtSample.jar;$CLASSPATH"
$ java org.apache.derby.tools.ij
ij version 10.2
ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:jar:(C:\work\scripts\BirtSample.jar)BirtSample';
ij> show tables;
TABLE_SCHEM         |TABLE_NAME                    |REMARKS
SYS                 |SYSALIASES                    |
SYS                 |SYSCHECKS                     |
SYS                 |SYSCOLUMNS                    |
SYS                 |SYSCONGLOMERATES              |
SYS                 |SYSCONSTRAINTS                |
SYS                 |SYSDEPENDS                    |
SYS                 |SYSFILES                      |
SYS                 |SYSFOREIGNKEYS                |
SYS                 |SYSKEYS                       |
SYS                 |SYSSCHEMAS                    |
SYS                 |SYSSTATEMENTS                 |
SYS                 |SYSSTATISTICS                 |
SYS                 |SYSTABLES                     |
SYS                 |SYSTRIGGERS                   |
SYS                 |SYSVIEWS                      |
SYSIBM              |SYSDUMMY1                     |
CLASSICMODELS       |CUSTOMERS                     |
CLASSICMODELS       |EMPLOYEES                     |
CLASSICMODELS       |OFFICES                       |
CLASSICMODELS       |ORDERDETAILS                  |
CLASSICMODELS       |ORDERS                        |
CLASSICMODELS       |PAYMENTS                      |
CLASSICMODELS       |PRODUCTLINES                  |
CLASSICMODELS       |PRODUCTS                      |

24 rows selected
ij>