db-derby-user mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <da...@vancouvering.com>
Subject Re: Derby storage using Java Web Start PersistenceService API - is it doable?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:48:24 GMT
Hi, Luigi.  I looked at this once, and it really didn't seem that the
API provided by the JWS persistence service was sufficient for the needs
of Derby.  But I didn't look too closely at it.  For me demo needs, a
popup was fine.

What you'd have to do is provide a new implementation of the storage
interface.  Others on this list can give you better guidance than I
about where to look and how to do this.  I suspect this is not for the
faint of heart...

*But* - if you *did* do this and you were successful, this would be a
Very Good Thing for Derby users (and Java developers) in general, and I
highly recommend that you contribute your work into the Derby codeline.

Best of luck!

David