db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Imran Hussain <imr...@imranweb.com>
Subject Re: question about derby database location
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:05:12 GMT
Kevin,

Before starting the database, set the value for "derby.system.home". For
example:

System.setProperty("derby.system.home", "/home/derby/"); // Use absolute
path here.

When you run tomcat, the value for "user.dir" is set to Tomcat home.
This why if you do not specify absolute path the relative path will
always start with tomcat home.

Regards,
Imran.