db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Question about the BLOB Error
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:02:56 GMT
Kevin Wu wrote:
> I use embedded derby as my database, but when I save a Blob to DB, it
> throw the following exception, I am wandering how to solve the matter.
> It looks the BLOB only 255 bytes. How can I save a 64k bytes to the BLOB
> column.

Hello Kevin,

Can you show us the SQL used to create the table, or just the SQL
specifying the BLOB column?
If you did not specify a maximum length for the BLOB column, something
is wrong in Derby, because the default should be 2GB -1 bytes (assuming
your using a recent version of Derby).

Assuming you have not found a Derby bug, the error message you get says
that the Blob is too big for the column it is being inserted into. And
Derby is not able to shrink it.
(The 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' looks a bit scary, but I think it is only put there
in lack of a name for the Blob).

regards,
--
Kristian