db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "John H. Embretsen" <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Setting the environment variables for Derby
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:26:36 GMT
Laura Stewart wrote:
> After I set DERBY_HOME and add Derby to my PATH, do I need to reboot
> my Windows machine?  Because when I run sysinfo from a command line
> prompt, it isn't recognized...

You can check whether or not the environment variables (DERBY_HOME and
PATH) are set correctly by running

c:\> echo %DERBY_HOME%

and

c:\> echo %PATH%

If you have set the variables in the same command line window, using for
example

c:\> set DERBY_HOME=c:\path\to\my\derby\install

and

c:\> set PATH=%PATH%;c:\path\to\my\derby\install\bin

then it should work.

If you have set the variables using "My Computer"'s properties or other
approaches, you will at least need to open a new command line window -
or restart if that does not work.

--
John