db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Network Server Daemon
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:21:51 GMT
> I've been looking through the archives, and JIRA, but I can't seem to
> find an answer.  Basically, will Derby network server be "enabled" to
> run as a daemon?  I understand the next version of JAMES has been
> modified to use commons-daemon, and wondered if there were plans for
> Derby to follow.  Having it behave as a "proper" daemon would enable it
> to play nice with SMF under Solaris.

Hello John,

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-187 has some of the results
of previous investigations of this issue.

I believe that our conclusion at the time was that no modifications to
Derby are needed; Derby works fine with the procrun software from the
commons-daemon project.

Are there particular changes that you believe to be necessary?

thanks,

bryan