db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Exception
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:25:43 GMT
Kristian Waagan skrev:
> nutan lade skrev:
>> I already installed Java DB 10.2.0 version and i am using Netbeans
>> IDE 5.5.While i am executing these statement
>> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"); I am getting
>> ClassNotFoundException.Please solve me these problem and tell me how
>> to do using NetBeans.
>
> Hello Nutan,
>
> The Derby JDBC driver(s) is not found by Java. To fix this, you must
> add the Derby jar files to your classpath. I am not very familiar with
> how the classpath is managed in NetBeans, but I think you have at
> least two options:
> 1) Add Derby as a library. This is done from the menu "Tools" ->
> "Library Manager".
> 2) Add the required Derby jar files to the classpath by modifying your
> project properties.

Sorry, these instructions were a bit unclear.
Even if you add Derby as a library, you still have to add them in the
project properties dialog (right click the project, click "Properties").
However, adding a defined library to a project is a lot easier than
selecting the jar files manually each time you are using Derby in your
projects.

You should be able to see the Derby jars listed under "Libraries" in
your project view after you add them.

--
Kristian

[snip]