db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Exception
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:38:36 GMT
nutan lade skrev:
> I already installed Java DB 10.2.0 version and i am using Netbeans IDE
> 5.5.While i am executing these statement
> Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"); I am getting
> ClassNotFoundException.Please solve me these problem and tell me how
> to do using NetBeans.

Hello Nutan,

The Derby JDBC driver(s) is not found by Java. To fix this, you must add
the Derby jar files to your classpath. I am not very familiar with how
the classpath is managed in NetBeans, but I think you have at least two
 1) Add Derby as a library. This is done from the menu "Tools" ->
"Library Manager".
 2) Add the required Derby jar files to the classpath by modifying your
project properties.

If you are just using embedded Derby, derby.jar is the only jar file you
need.
Note that this process is nothing special for Derby/NetBeans. You would
have to do the same thing if you were to use another Java library in
your application.

If you have questions regarding the Apache Derby module for NetBeans, I
would recommend asking the NetBeans community.

regards,
--
Kristian