db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "A. Rick Anderson" <ar...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Naming the next Derby feature release
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:52:14 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> We wonder what the user community thinks. In particular:
>
> A) Would calling this release 11.0 make it less likely that you would be
> blindsided by these incompatibilities?
Yes.  I would be much more likely to review the release notes to
determine what new features were available, or what in-compatibilities
might exist.

> B) Would calling this release 11.0 make it less likely that you would
> install this release?
Calling it 11.0 would have no effect on my installation of this release.
  In fact, the details presented would increase the likelihood that I
would use this release and consider previously releases as less safe.

--
A. Rick Anderson