db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kim Haase <Camilla.Ha...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Working with Derby Java version verification question
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:45:59 GMT
Well, setting the JAVA_HOME variable and setting your PATH to include
JAVA_HOME/bin are two separate steps.  The instructions tell you to set
JAVA_HOME but not to set your PATH, so the table shows how to run the
command if you haven't set your PATH.

I think you've identified a problem with the instructions -- they ought
to tell you to set your PATH, because the subsequent instructions on
using the javac and java commands assume you've set it. We need a new
step 2 that tells you to set the PATH; then people can just run "java
-version" without specifying JAVA_HOME/bin. Should be a quick fix if you
can file a JIRA issue.

Thanks for noticing this.

Kim