db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "BALDWIN, ALAN J [AG-Contractor/1000]" <alan.j.bald...@monsanto.com>
Subject Alter Table ADD Column throws column number exception
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:18:04 GMT
Hello all,

When I execute the following SQL statement:
ALTER TABLE OrderDetail
ADD COLUMN blah
varchar(15)

I get this exception:

java.sql.SQLException: In a base table there was a mismatch between the
requested column number 16 and the maximum number of columns 20.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this, or at least find a
workaround?

Thanks,
-Alan-

prohibited.