db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Anders Morken <ander...@stud.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: out of memory when writing blobs
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:30:38 GMT
By reducing the size of the page cache (by adding
-Dderby.storage.pageCacheSize=100 to the java command line - 100 pages
in the cache, rather than the default 1000) I ran 1659 iterations of
that block, so maybe that'll work for you as well. The database ended up
about 9,4 gigabytes large.

I didn't put any particular thought into that page cache size, I just
picked a small number to see if it worked. You should size the page
cache yourself until it fits into your particular application and java
heap limit, and the out of memory errors will probably go away. =)

. o O ( auto-sizing the page cache based on the available heap size
might be useful - if we can find some way to do it that interacts sanely
with the application's memory requirements)

--
Anders Morken

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right!