db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Does derby support bitwise operators in SQL?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:11:27 GMT
Hi,

> Dan,
>
> Thanks for the response. I wonder if there is any plan to add support
> for this in the future?

Not as far as I know, but this is a open source project, and as such
this will not be implemented unless someone feels "the itch" to do so.

You may contribute by
1) filing a Jira issue so that Derby developers may get this on the
radar (See http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html). This
may or may not inspire someone to implement bitwise operators.

or you may also
2) participate actively in the Derby community by implementing it
yourself.

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway