db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Inns, Jeff" <ji...@extol.com>
Subject RE: INPLACE Table Compression
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:15:46 GMT
When I called the "Inplace" compression, I use the following parameters
" "SYSCS_INPLACE_TABLE_COMPRESSION (SCHEMA, TABLE, 1, 1, 1)" - The
documentations says any non-zero small integer value will turn on the
purge, defrag, and truncate operations.  However, if you look at the
code, the values passed for these params, must be 1 to turn them on.  I
passed "1" for each operation, which should have turned them on.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Pendleton [mailto:bpendleton@amberpoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:41 PM
To: Derby Discussion
Subject: Re: INPLACE Table Compression

> three operations:  purge, defrag, and truncate; when truncate is used,
it
> releases disk space to the operating system

Oops! My mistake. Sorry about that.

Perhaps the original caller was not passing the TRUNCATE_END parameter
in their call to INPLACE compression. My answer described the DEFRAGMENT
behavior pretty well, but as you point out that is only one mode of
operation for INPLACE compression.

Thanks for pointing this out.

bryan