db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Fabian Merki" <fabian2...@merkisoft.ch>
Subject Re: Oracle Database Synchronization
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:40:23 GMT
look at daffodil
i did some test with it and wrote an assignement about master-master

have fun!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sedillo, Derek (Mission Systems)" <Derek.Sedillo@ngc.com>
To: "Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:04 AM
Subject: Oracle Database Synchronization

Currently we are looking at using Derby as a cache for a larger Oracle
database to we work with.  We can connect to this larger database via
JDBC but cannot control its code (e.g. triggers, procedures, etc...).

I need to find a way to synchronize some of our Derby tables with it.  I
was wondering if someone may have some ideas on synchronization that
doesn't involve changes to the parent database?

I was thinking of writing a update procedure that could be run
periodically from a cron job or?  The procedure could connect to the
Oracle DB and Derby and retrieve a resultSet from both.  I could then
look for a delta between the tables and perform an update with that
delta.  But I am not quite sure how I would compare the result sets,
especially in an efficient manner.

Thanks for any ideas you may have on the matter.

- Derek

View raw message