db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Naming the next Derby feature release
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:26:56 GMT
Speaking as a user of Derby,

On Mar 1, 2007, at 12:04 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:

> We wonder what the user community thinks. In particular:
>
> A) Would calling this release 11.0 make it less likely that you
> would be blindsided by these incompatibilities?

Yes. A new major release number is a yellow flag that
incompatibilities are likely and reading the release notes is mandatory.

> B) Would calling this release 11.0 make it less likely that you
> would install this release?

No. The Derby community has a good reputation for quality and having
a new release number makes it sound like lots of new features.

Craig

Craig Russell
DB PMC
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo