db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas J. Taylor" <thomas.tay...@itqa.miami.edu>
Subject RE: installing plugin for eclipse
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:54:32 GMT
Hi Brett,

Did you look under 'Window > Show View > Other...', then 'Data > Database
Explorer'?

I'm running derby_core_plugin_10.2.2 and derby_ui_plugin_1.0.0, and haven't
had any problems.

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Moreton [mailto:moretob4@cs.man.ac.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 1:18 AM
To: derby-user@db.apache.org
Subject: installing plugin for eclipse

Sorry if this question has been asked before...

I'm having terrible problems trying to get the Derby plugins to install
properly for Eclipse. The problem is that in Eclipse, the Window > Show View
> Database Explorer isn't showing up. I guess i've done something wrong, but
i've tried three times from the start and still can't sort it.

There must be an easier way than suggested here: http://db.apache.org/
derby/integrate/plugin_howto.html or here: http://db.apache.org/derby/
integrate/Readme.html

Does anyone have any suggestions.

I'm certain i'm running upto versions of Eclipse, tomcat jdk etc etc.

Thanks

Brett