db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Wu" <boli...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about the BLOB Error
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:20:08 GMT
I use embedded derby as my database, but when I save a Blob to DB, it throw
the following exception, I am wandering how to solve the matter. It looks
the BLOB only 255 bytes. How can I save a 64k bytes to the BLOB column.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: A truncation error was encountered trying
to shrink BLOB 'XX-RESOLVE-XX' to length 255.

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown
Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknow
n Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown
Source)

    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
Source)

    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown
Source)

    at
org.hibernate.jdbc.NonBatchingBatcher.addToBatch(NonBatchingBatcher.java:23)

    at
org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.insert(AbstractEntity
Persister.java:2197)

    ... 69 more