db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dave Been <b...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Derby Procedure performance
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:54:48 GMT
I hear this question was recently discussed (last week?) but was embedded
in another subject, maybe someone can point me to the subject so i can
find it in the archives.
I have not found it so far.

Using the Embedded driver (not network server), I have an application with
3 PreparedStatements which do a select/update qualified on 1 row via
indexed column, and an insert over a single table.

Would there be any performance gain putting the 3 PreparedStatements into
a Java Procedure so all are executed locally within the database?
The parameters are 3 input ints, one String/varchar 1 - 256 bytes in
length, one OUT int value.

If there is any hope i can try it and time it, but if there is no hope it
would save me the effort.

thanks much,
Dave Been