db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Laura Stewart" <scotsmat...@gmail.com>
Subject Bay Area Derby Lunch & Discussions
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:01:16 GMT
It was really great to meet some of the people at the Bay Area Lunch
last Wednesday who are involved in Derby!

One of the people that I met there was Kim Haase.  Kim and I have been
contributing documentation to Derby, and naturally we discussed the
Derby Library during the lunch.

An area that we think might be good to improve is the organization of
information which discusses how to setup and start working with Derby.

We discussed the possibility of moving the entire content of the
Working With Derby manual into the Getting Started Guide.  The Working
With Derby content is really good, but might be better if it is placed
in context with the installation and getting started information.

Additionally, the information in the Getting Started Guide that
describes SQL syntax might be better in the Reference Manual, where
the SQL statements are actually documented.  There currently is no
information in the Reference Manual that explains the syntax diagrams.

How does the rest of the Derby community feel about us analyzing the
current organization of the Getting Started Guide and the Working With
Derby information, with the intent to propose a reorganization of the
information?

Are there other areas in the Derby Library that seem to be organized poorly?

--
Laura Stewart