db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Kelder" <thomaskelde...@gmail.com>
Subject "ERROR 40XD1: Container was opened in read-only mode" when performing SELECT DISTINCT on database in jar
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:09:32 GMT

I'm using Derby in embedded mode, with my databases stored in jar
files. I've set the 'derby.storage.tempDirectory' and
'derby.stream.error.file' properties to writable locations, as advised
in the help file.

When I now perform a query like "SELECT DISTINCT FROM ..." on this
database, it produces the following exception:

ERROR 40XD1: Container was opened in read-only mode.

Whether this exception occurs seems to depend on the number of rows in
the database (e.g. on a small database with ~700 rows everything
worked fine, but on a database with the same schema and about 3000
rows, the exception occured).

I've reproduced it in a testcase:
Using the following database file:

Does anyone have an idea about what causes this error?
Thanks in advance.

View raw message