db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't run the Eclipse plug-in labs
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:02:14 GMT
On 2/15/07, A. Rick Anderson <arick@pobox.com> wrote:
> Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> >> 'jdbc:derby:net://localhost:1527/jayDB;create=true;user=APP;password=APP;';
> > Try taking the "net:" out. Having "net:" in there means to use
> > the IBM DB2 JDBC driver, also called the "JCC" driver. The Derby JDBC
> > driver just uses the prefix jdbc:derby:, so just say jdbc:derby://...
>
> Yeah, I saw this comment when I was googling.  However, it is not clear
> to me where and how would I "take out the 'net'" from the URL?  I,
> personally, am not creating, nor invoking, the connection URL directly.
>   I am calling ij from Eclipse via the plug-in.  I have not been able to
> locate where the URL is being defined in the ij.bat or the
> derby_common.bat files that presumably the Eclipse plug-in is calling.
> The only files where I can find that this string is found is in the
> administration manuals.
>
> What I am trying to do is follow the lab that comes with the Eclipse
> plugin.  After installing, you are supposed to invoke 'ij' on
> jay_tables.sql script using the menu option "Apache Derby->Run SQL
> script using 'ij'".  This is where I get the error message.

What lab did you get this script from? Have you tried following the
instructions on the Derby website?
http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/plugin_help/start_toc.html

The connect statement is an ij command in the jay_tables.sql script.
You would need to edit that script to take the 'net:' out of the
connection URL.

HTH,
andrew