db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew McIntyre" <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception ("nospc:nospc.U") thrown during batch updates
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 05:19:38 GMT
On 1/31/07, Hannes Grund <hgrund@gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm using Derby 10.2.1.6,Java 1.6 on some linux box,
> during the execution of some batched prepared stamtenents,
> the following exception was thrown:
>
> 2007-01-31 11:35:08.310 GMT
> Thread[Thread] (XID =27813), (SESSIONID = 12), (DATABASE = /tmp/acc/2/DIR/var/home2/dir/db),
(DRDAID = null), Failed Statement is: UPDATE Table SET a=?, b=?, c=?, d=?, e=?, f=? WHERE
g=?

> ERROR nospc: nospc.U :at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.StoredPage.logRow(Unknown
Source)
>         at
> org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.UpdateOperation.writeOptionalDataToBuffer(Unknown
> Source)

Hi Hannes,

At the very least you've discovered an exception that doesn't return a
SQLState and without any text to explain the exception. In this case,
I'm thinking it should probably be XSDA3:

Limitation: Record cannot be updated or inserted due to lack of space
on the page. Use the parameters derby.storage.pageSize and/or
derby.storage.pageReservedSpace to work around this limitation.

I'll file a bug for the exception's lack of content.

Is this error consistently reproducible? If so, can you provide at the
minimum the stack trace with the line numbers, and if possible, the
complete list of columns in the table that was being updated along
with their types and note which columns were being updated, and
whether or not you were using the default values for page size and
reserved space. If you can post a code snippet that reproduces the
problem, that would be ideal.

Thanks for the report,
andrew