db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah_akk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Limit on number of rows a table can hold?
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:49:16 GMT
i have a 20 gb table with over 100 million rows thats growing 1
million rows per day. i think it depends on what you trying to
achieve my application distributes a big database over a bunch of
machines so running a separate heavy server process was causing me
problems and switching derby saved a lot of resources and application
is much faster. but i am sure there is some body else's application
that will be much faster under DB2 or oracle.

Nurullah Akkaya