db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Derby SQLException..
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:53:02 GMT
Joe Siebenmann wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've seen this same SQLException mentioned before, but I'm getting it,
> and it doesn't have anything to do with large data sets, at least not
> in my case I don't believe..
>
> SQL Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot create an instance of generated class org.apache.derby.exe.ac601a400fx0111x039dx510fx000007881b282.
>

> I'm using Tomcat 5.5.17 and the latest derby.jar from
> db-derby-10.2.2.0, on a Windows XP Pro system.
>
> My Java code is pretty simple:
>
> Connection con = null;
> Statement stmt = null;
> ResultSet rs = null;
>
> try
> {
> Context initContext = new InitialContext();
> Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");
> DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/DataDB");
> con = ds.getConnection();
>
> stmt = con.createStatement();
> rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT computer_UUID FROM computer");
>
> All the Objects returned are OK:
>
> (Context)initContext: javax.naming.InitialContext@1c8b24d
> (Context)envContext: org.apache.naming.NamingContext@1320a41
> (DataSource)ds: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource@3f4ebd
> con: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnection@4a5c78
> stmt: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.DelegatingStatement@1fcf790
>
> But it gets the SQLException when it hits the executeQuery().
>
> Is there anything I can do to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Siebenmann

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

You need to find out why the JVM is not instantiating the class.  I've
seen similar exceptions caused by JVM bugs (esp. JIT bugs).  Are you
using a 1.4.2 JVM or higher?  Is there any additional information in the
derby.log file?  Can you try running a testing using a different JVM
(1.4.2 or higher) to see if the problem occurs in using  that version?