db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Derby has been listed on Count From Zero
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:24:53 GMT
Hi, Olinga,

At http://www.countfromzero.com/package/Derby ...

The URL for the 10.2.2.0 download is incorrect (it's pointing to the
10.1.2.1 download). I suggest this URL so the most recent release will
always be visible:

   http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html

Additional categories:

   top:databases:relational database

* a summary description (two lines)

Apache Derby is a relational database implemented entirely in Java.

* a full description (any length)
Taken from http://projects.apache.org/projects/derby.html:

Apache Derby is an open source relational database implemented entirely
in Java. It has a small footprint that makes it easy to embed in any
Java-based application, but it also supports the more familiar
client/server mode. It is based on the Java, JDBC, and SQL standards,
making code developed more portable to standards-compliant databases.

* software Derby depends on

Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK)

* your real name ...

Could you reference derby-user@db.apache.org instead?

regards,

 -jean

Olinga K. Abbott wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Your software, Derby, has been selected for inclusion in Count From Zero (CFZ, http://www.countfromzero.com).
CFZ indexes libraries and tools for software engineers. You will find the data CFZ publishes
for Derby at http://www.countfromzero.com/package/Derby. This data includes
> website: http://db.apache.org/derby/
> version: 10.2.2.0
> date: 2006-12-19
> If someone else could respond better to this message please forward it to them and/or
let me know.

> CFZ supports hierarchical categorization and multiple categories per software package.
For example, if a user wants software for
> 	part-of-speech tagging
> they can find it under
> 	artificial intelligence: natural language processing: part-of-speech tagging
> 	(http://www.countfromzero.com/category/part-of-speech_tagging_POS_tagging)
> and a package listed there might also be found under
> 	artificial intelligence: natural language processing: shallow parsers
> 	(http://www.countfromzero.com/category/shallow_parsers)
> if applicable.
>
> Please examine the page at http://www.countfromzero.com/package/Derby and reply to this
message with
> * corrections, such as new versions, improper categorization, or additional categories.
> * a summary description (two lines)
> * a full description (any length)
> * software Derby depends on
> * your real name if you feel comfortable providing it. CFZ requires your permission to
release your name or email address unless under legal obligation.