db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Bradbury <Stan.Bradb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding Table lock
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:31:19 GMT
Nitish Sinha wrote:
> Hi Derby User Team,
> Do you have any updates on this issue? Since it been a long time we
> submitted this problem.
> Most of our clients are struck because of this problem because this is
> a production issue..
> Respond as soon as possible so that we can proceed further.Suggest us
> how can we avoid this exception. So that we can implement this in our
> application.
> I am attaching all previous mails send to you regarding this issue.
> Regards,
> Nitish P. Sinha
 = = = =
Hi Natish -
I went back in the archives to gather information on this issue and did
not find a test case that could be used to investigate this issue.  If
you need help from members of the community please submit a test case
with database and instructions for creating the failure.  With this
there is a chance someone may be able to assist you.

Did you try version 10.2 as previously suggested?  Did that help at all?

I assume the problem continues to be as you initially described:
"A lock could not be obtained within the time requested "   ????
I recommend you set up the debugging properties as documented at:
  BE SURE to uncomment the properties in the section:
      "## If you are encountering locking / concurrency problems "
 Post the complete derby.log file created when the problem occurs - It
will contain the full exception text and lock trace output from the
failure.  The threads identified by the trace are creating the problem
and the application will need to be changed to prevent these codepaths
from interfering with each other.  This is an application tuning/design
issue and so can only be addressed by running and debugging the
application that is encountering the timeouts, hence the request for a
test case.

View raw message