db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Query regarding Table lock
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:47:55 GMT
Nitish Sinha wrote:

> Hi Derby User Team,
>
> Do you have any updates on this issue? Since it been a long time we
> submitted this problem.
> Most of our clients are struck because of this problem because this is a
> production issue..
> Respond as soon as possible so that we can proceed further.Suggest us
> how can we avoid this exception. So that we can implement this in our
> application.
> I am attaching all previous mails send to you regarding this issue.

Hello Nitish,

Without knowing more about the isolation level you use, the tables in
the database and the queries you are executing against Derby, it is hard
to give you an answer.

A few general observations/questions:
1) You say you are using Derby version 10.0. Is this correct? If so, is
it possible for you to upgrade to a newer version (say 10.2.2.0) and see
if you get the same problems?

2) Do you have many concurrent connections?

3) Are your transactions very long?

4) Do your queries touch many rows?