db-derby-user mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plug-in Lab code is failing to find driver in derbyclient.jar
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:57:34 GMT
A. Rick Anderson wrote:

> I've gone back and literally stripped the entire lab to the absolute
> minimum below, but I am getting the exact same behavior.  It throws an
> exception when I attempt to get the ClientDriver connection.

I haven't tried the eclipse plug-in for Derby, but I'm wondering if your error
may have been caused by a small typo in your URL...

>    private static final String derbyClientURL =
>       "jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/jayDB:user=APP;password=APP;";

Here you use colon (:) to separate the database name from the attribute
user=APP, but it should have been semicolon (;).

Does it help changing "jayDB:user=" to "jayDB;user="?

--
John