db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Lance J. Andersen" <Lance.Ander...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: getColumn( table.field) / getInt( table.field )
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:01:52 GMT
In ResultSet.getXXX(String columnName), the columnName  parameter
represents the column Label which defaults to the column name if a label
is not specified in the query.

You can get your query to work by using an alias

select f.col1 as col1, f.col2 as col2  from ftab f

ResultSet.getXXX("col1");

Column references, which would be <table>.<column>, is what your example
is using and JDBC supports access via the Column Label (or its default
columnName if not defined).

Regards
Lance