db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <karth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ref: connection to derby failed
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 04:25:00 GMT
Hi Pranav,

In the embedded mode,  a Derby database can be booted only by a single
JVM (use the
Network server if you want multiple applications to access the db).
Looking at the
error you mentioned the first thing is to *ensure *no other application
(tools like 'ij') is using
(connected to) the 'mydb' while you are running you little test program.

The test program in your mail is very straight forward and I don't see
why the connect should not work
if the 'mydb' is present and is currently not being used by other
applications.

-Rajesh