db-derby-user mailing list archives

From frederic barachant <ms.barach...@free.fr>
Subject persistence, derby and Database instance
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 16:37:30 GMT
Hello.
I wish to use derby as my javax.persistence database (toplink,
hibernate, ...). That should pose no problem, but i would like to be
able to access the Database instance that is used to store my data, as i
would need to backup it from time to time, ideally by getting a
reference to it just the time to do that operation. Database would be local.
How can i get the Database, if i ensure that any info used to open the
connection is known ( persistence unit XML parsing, ...) ?

Thank you.