db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: indexes
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:53:49 GMT

> Also, how do I find out all the (possibly compound field) indexes that
> have been created for a table?
>
> Finally, is there a way to dump the db to a file of SQL commands that
> can be used to reconstruct the db?

Hi Amir,

I don't know a way to get any suggestions about indexes which could have
been used. Regarding your other questions:

   - "show indexes from t;" in ij will show you all the indexes for table t.

   - "dblook" will show you the DDL for your database. See
     http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/tools/ctoolsdblook.html
     Note that this is just the schema, not the data. If you want the data,
     you could export the data using the bulk export procedure, or use
     ddlutils: http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/db_ddlutils.html

Hope this helps.

thanks,

bryan