db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: read-only scrolling exception
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:51:35 GMT
Alex Pooley wrote:
> I'm iterating a ResultSet from a read-only database. If the ResultSet is
> not created from a TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY Statement, then on interation 230
> the following exception is thrown:
>
> "java.sql.SQLException: Container was opened in read-only mode."
>
> I have set derby.storage.tempDirectory, and derby.stream.error.file to
> writable locations as the docs specify.
>
> Is this behavior correct?

I would have expected it to fail on resultset open if particular mode
is not allowed in read-only mode. It is not correct to get such error
only after reading some rows.  What flags were  you using to create
the resulset when you  got the above error ?

Please file Jira report, if you can provide repro that will be great.

you can find information about filing bugs at the following page:
http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyBugGuidelines.html#File+your+bug

-suresh